Saturday, May 2, 2009

Garage Sunrise


One morning over winter break my friends, Bryan, Jeff, and Ben were in the mood to go hit a parking garage. They’d been up all night drinking and I had just left them to attempt to pass out.
It seemed like a good idea to go watch the sunrise on the roof of a parking garage.


They woke me up in my girlfriend's bed.
I’m not the sweetest person in the morning,
but they all thought it was funny.


I wasn’t as enthused as my friends about this skate mission either.
Some of that might be due to them waking me up
2 hours after initially falling asleep.

Even though I felt like shit
and momentarily hated my friends,
I had to admit it was a cool view.


We set up the camera for a quick shot of the four of us.
From the left it’s Bryan, me, Ben then Jeff.


Here is a shot of Bryan and Ben carving around the first turn. This garages is 7 stories downhill and it only gets so intense depending on the number of cars you have dodge on the ride down.


Even if you’ve skated it 100 times,
you’ll always experience that exciting moment when you are coming out the entrance
and it’s entirely possible that a car will be blocking you and your board.
The image above is what it looks like
going down the home stretch of
the garage before skating into the street.


After our first run,
we skated down to the garage on the corner of Bay and Drayton St.
Here is a shot of us starting
from the roof of a different garage on the 7th floor.


Yes, this is a picture of me mooning a taxi driver
in the middle Broughton St.
How could I pass up such an opportunity?
He shouldn’t have honked at us.

After getting a sneak peek at my backside
he slammed on his breaks
then tried chasing us in reverse.



Nobody saw it coming
This is what Bryan looked like
geeking out, after the chase.

We couldn’t stop laughing.

It was a good morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment